Saturday, May 23, 2020

Linkout: Spectology Digital Book Tour with Veronica Roth

My second interview for the Quarantine Digital Book Tour is with Veronica Roth, who wrote the Divergent books. I've interviewed two authors and one of them has sold 30+ million copies of one book. It was intimidating!

A little behind the scenes: Roth's team reached out to the Spectology folks (which includes me I guess!), and I agreed to take on the interview. We talked with at least a half dozen people to set up the interview, and at no point until the call started was I in contact with Roth. Luckily I found enough in the book that I really enjoyed, and have spent a lifetime learning how to overcome social anxiety. And, luckily, Roth was genuinely engaged in the conversation and happy to answer my "questions." 

I think we hit on some interesting questions about her new book, Chosen Ones, and what it's like to write a visually-oriented novel that tackles mental health questions around "chosen one" narratives. I'd love it if folks who listened would give feedback (up to and including that I talked way too much, which I'm incredibly aware of).

Blog Archive